Goa Desc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In passing, it may be said that abroad there is
> civic sense,
> traffic discipline, and helmets when left unattended
> are seldom
> stolen which is not the case in India.

John,
I think we will have the same percentage of thieves,
risk takers and un-civic people in Canada as there are
in India. However, people wear helmets in Canada just
because they are forced to.

If you are caught without a helmet, you are fined. A
five year old is required to wear a helmet when roller
skating and so is a 65 year old if he is riding a
bicycle.

There is an old African saying: "You can't take a dead
horse to the water." :-)

Mervyn