It was this little computer screen that alerted me of the Columbia disaster.

Since then I glued myself to the TV screen, shifting from the BBC to the
CNN.
Every time it was the Israeli affair and the details of the disaster.
Patiently waited patiently  to see the flash back of our dear Kalpana
Chawla, to hear from our Indian Ambassador like we saw and heard the Israeli
Ambassador. There was not a thing. My son's angry outburst " Tell us about
Kalpana too,  man!. It is possible that we have missed it all.  I retired
for the night with a heavy heart and have'nt tuned in to the BBC or CNN
since.

Indeed, India has lost a budding pearl. It is our national  misfortune, a
national loss. Kalpana is our second space heroine, but one. who will be
remembered for a long long time to come for her departure in space. Let us
be content in believing that God had other plans for Kalpana and all her
dear colleagues in the Columbia flight.

The sorrow of dear Kalpana's family is our sorrow.
May God bless them all and give them the courage to face and come to terms
with  this great great loss.

Floriano