Thanks Joel and Prajal,

The following from the Goa news clippings was unintentionally the best
refresher course I received on Konkani. We definitely need more of this.
Konkani written in the context in which it is said. The following was
great information and good writing style. Wonderful service to Goa and
Goans.
Regards GL

SPECIALITIES OF GOAN VILLAGES: The famous Goan fish-curry made and
served
in an earthern pot called "kuinem" tastes better with its aroma of the
earth. The famous Goan "ukdo" parboiled rice (xit) cooked and served in
typical Goan earthern pot called the "budkulo" tastes lovely. Yes! This
is
truly the speciality of every Goan village. It is Goa's true rural
heritage. A beautiful floral heritage of Goa is reflected by the
fragrance
of its small "abolim" like "rattan abolim", "pishi abolim" and another
yellowish coloured variety. The Government of Goa should declare
"abolim"
as the state flower of Goa. The botanical name of "abolim" is
crossandra.
(Prajal Sakhardande in Panorama-NT)