I am sure most of the goanetters are Catholics from Goa and they remember the song, 
sung by most a girl depicting the face of Christ at the Sixth Station of the Cross 
ceremony (sixth sunday of Lent).  It's the lamenting, crying of a girl called 
'Veronica' and it's quite long.  I remember I was just five years old and I was taken 
to all the passes and I used to sit on my mother's lap during the long procession 
going besides me and the equally long sermon.  I vaguely remember some of the 
Portuguese Packlea with their clean uniform passing by me during the procession.  To 
date my memory remains sharp and it was my school teacher who used to remind me of the 
"PARABLE OF THE PENCIL"
Normally, one would think that's what erasers are for.....
The Pencil Maker took the pencil aside, just before putting him into 
the box. There are 5 things you need to know, he told the pencil, 
before I send you out into the world. Always remember them and never 
forget, and you will become the best pencil you can be.
One: You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow 
yourself to be guided by Someone's hand.
Two: You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, but 
you'll need it to become a better pencil.
Three: You will be able to correct any mistakes you might make.
Four: The most important part of you will always be what's inside.
And Five: On every surface you are used on, you must leave your mark. 
No matter what the condition, you must continue to write.
The pencil understood and promised to remember, and went into the box 
with purpose in its heart.
Now put your self in the place of the pencil. Always remember these 
five things and never forget, and you will become the best person you 
can be. Interesting isn't it?  Anyway it is better to read and get some moral
rather than the non-stop abusive emails shattering the sanctity of goanet and 
goanetters by one Antonio Veronica Fernandes [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Now for some refreshing item.  In Baina, the Kamatipura type looking madam, mouth full 
of chewing betttle, opened the door to see a rather dignified, well-dressed bearded 
man in his early 50s. "May I help you?" she asked. "I want to see Nica," the man 
replied. "Sahab, Nica is one of our most expensive ladies.  Perhaps you would prefer 
someone else, we have Fidelisa, Rosaria, Alxia, Elvina, Marina......" said the madam, 
as all of them line up. "No. I must see Nica," was the man's reply. Just then, Nica 
appeared and announced to the man that she charges Rs. 100,000 last price Rs.80600 a 
visit, discount of Rs. 19,400. Tu bhi sala keay iead karega (You will also remember 
it). Without hesitation, the man pulled out ten one-thousand notes, gave them to Nica, 
said keep the discounted money, and they went upstairs.  After an hour, the man calmly 
left. The next night, the same man appeared again, demanding to see Nica. Nica 
explained that none had ever come back two nights in a row...
 too expensive and there were no discounts. The price was still Rs. 80600, same 
discount of Rs. 19,400. Nica knew that the discount might also be included this time 
too. Again the man pulled out the money this time twenty five-hundred notes, gave it 
to Nica and they went upstairs. After an hour, he left. The following night the man 
was there again.  Everyone was astounded that he had come for the third  consecutive 
night, but he paid Nica this time one hundred one-hundred notes, saying keep the 
discounted money too and they went upstairs. After their session, Nica questioned the 
man. "No one has ever used me three nights in a row. Where are you from?" "What is 
your name?". She asked. The man replied, "Candolim". And my name is Antonio Veronica 
Fernandes. "Really" she said. "I have family in Candolim".  "I know," the man said. 
"Your father died and I am your sister's lawyer, Sign here on the dotted line as put 
your name veronica alais nica. Your sister asked me to give you you
 r Rs. 3 lakhs inheritance." The moral of the story is that three things in life are 
certain: 1. Death;  2. Being cheated and used by selfish persons; and 3. Being screwed 
by a lawyer. And now, let's get to the Ekvott (unity) rather than creating Dispott 
(disunity).  Hats off to the strong hard hand of Francis de Verna, the president of 
Kuwait-Goa Tiatristanchi Sonstha.  Keep the unity alive, Francisji, the star of Verna. 
 We salute you for your dedication to the promotion of Konkani on and off the stage, 
the penning of lyrics of hundreds of Konkani songs of good moral, always.  Your 
'Ojeapanchi Maim' (Mother of Wonders) audio Konkani CD dedicated to Mother Mary 
remains in number one position on my CD rack.

Ekvottant ekvott god'doia. 
Let's unitedly strengthen the unity and togetherness.
I am not a tiatrist, but I love the tiatrs.  Can I be a member of Kuwait-Goa 
Tiatristanchi Sonstha? Awaiting your response and please also provide me your 
telephone number.

Noel Noronha

> Subject: [Goanet]KONKANI EKVOTTACHI SANZ
> "KONKANI EKVOTTACHI SANZ", the Gate Passes for the grand Konkani  musical 
> show which is going to be held at Funaitees on 27th of this month are now 
> available .........other members of the organisation Youth Recreation Centre (Rising 
>  Stars).
> A. Veronica Fernandes,
> Kuwait.
-- 
__________________________________________________________
Sign-up for your own personalized E-mail at Mail.com
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Search Smarter - get the new eXact Search Bar for free!
http://www.exactsearchbar.com/


##########################################################################
# Send submissions for Goanet to [EMAIL PROTECTED]                       #   
# PLEASE remember to stay on-topic (related to Goa), and avoid top-posts #
# More details on Goanet at http://joingoanet.shorturl.com/              #  
# Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others  #
##########################################################################

Reply via email to