Dear Goannetters:
While we're on the topic of Konkani vocabulary, my
grand-niece wants to know how to say Merry Chrismas in
Konkani.  She also wants to know how they celebrate
Christmas in Goa.
Can you help?
Filomena
--- Neal Pinto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 
>   > Udak is one Sanskrit word for water.
> 
> 
> 
> I did not know that.  I assumed, because most
> Sanskrit-based Indo/Pakistani languages use "pani",
> that it could not have originated from Sanskrit.
> 
> 
> 
> Now that I have the spelling that you provided, I
> was able to confirm the translation online.  Now I
> feel much better.
> 
> 
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> 
> 
> Neal Pinto
> 
>    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
>    http://www.nealpinto.com
> 
> 
> 
> -
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com
> The most personalized portal on the Web!
> 
>
##########################################################################
> # Send submissions for Goanet to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  
>                     #   
> # PLEASE remember to stay on-topic (related to Goa),
> and avoid top-posts #
> # More details on Goanet at
> http://joingoanet.shorturl.com/              #  
> # Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to
> reflect respect to others  #
>
##########################################################################


__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Protect your identity with Yahoo! Mail AddressGuard
http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

##########################################################################
# Send submissions for Goanet to [EMAIL PROTECTED]                       #   
# PLEASE remember to stay on-topic (related to Goa), and avoid top-posts #
# More details on Goanet at http://joingoanet.shorturl.com/              #  
# Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others  #
##########################################################################

Reply via email to