Cecil,
In all my many posts on the topic of Catholic Goans and caste, you will find that, it is very unlikely I personally used the term Brahmins upon whom to focus. I always used, in my preferred terminogy, the term-- the "casteists." This is because I am entirely aware that casteism is many layered and it would be entirely wrong and uninformed to focus only on any one named group e.g. the Brahmins. However, when quoting the excerpts collected, the word Brahmin, several times, and Chardo once, inevitably crept in because, for reasons of authenticity, the data had to be presented, as given to me by the informants. I was quite aware of a potential problem here but I hope you can see that I am quite clear that casteism, in its many guises, is my central concern and not a specific group or groups.
Cornel