Using a combination of www.google.com and www.lyricsfreak.com I was able to compile below a list of popular songs which have the word 'woman' in the main title. I have given the song name, singer and a few crucial lyrics or the chorus only.

Enjoy and forward as we celebrate Women's Day!

Cecil

------

"To Love a Woman"
Lionel Richie and Enrique Iglasias
"And I don't mind oh
Will she love you tomorrow like she loves you today
She can keep your heart guessing but she's yours if she stays
And that's what it feels like
To love a woman
To love a woman"

"Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman" Bryan Adams "When you love a woman You tell her that she's really wanted When you love a woman you tell her that she's the one Cuz she needs somebody to tell her That you'll always be together So tell me have you ever really - Really really ever loved a woman?"

"A Woman's Worth Alicia Keys "Cuz a real man knows a real woman when he sees her And a real woman knows a real man ain't fraid to please her And a real woman knows a real man always comes first And a real man just can't deny a woman's worth"

"Black Magic Woman" Fleetwood Mac "You got your spell on me baby You got your spell on me baby Yes, you got your spell on me baby You're turning my heart into stone I need you so bad, magic woman, I can't leave you alone"

"Devil Woman" Cliff Richard "She's just a devil woman With evil on her mind Beware the devil woman She's gonna get you She's just a devil woman With evil on her mind Beware the devil woman She's gonna get you from behind"

"No Woman No Cry" Bob Marley "Said - said - said: I remember when we used to sit In the government yard in trenchtown, Oba - obaserving the 'ypocrites As they would mingle with the good people we meet. Good friends we have, oh, good friends we've lost Along the way. In this great future, you can't forget your past; So dry your tears, I seh. No, woman, no cry; No, woman, no cry. 'ere, little darlin', don't shed no tears: No, woman, no cry."

"More Than a Woman" Bee Gees "Oh say you'll always be my baby We can make it shine, we can take forever Just a minute at a time. More than a woman, more than a woman to me More than a woman, more than a woman to me More than a woman, oh, oh, oh."

"Girl You'll be Woman Soon' Neil Diamond "Girl, you'll be a woman soon Please come take my hand Girl, you'll be a woman soon Soon you'll need a man"

"Every Woman in the World" Air Supply "Girl you're ev'ry woman in the world to me You're my fantasy, you're my reality Girl you're ev'ry woman in the world to me You're ev'rything I need You're ev'rything to me, oh girl"

"Hard Headed Woman" Elvis Presley "I got a woman, A head like a rock. If she ever went away I'd cry around the clock. Oh yeah, ever since the world began A hard headed woman been A thorn in the side of man."

"Hony Tonk Woman" Rolling Stones "I met a gin soaked, bar-room queen in memphis, She tried to take me upstairs for a ride. She had to heave me right across her shoulder 'cause I just can't seem to drink you off my mind. It's the honky tonk women Gimme, gimme, gimme the honky tonk blues."

"Black Magic Woman" Santana Got a black magic woman Got a black magic woman I've got a black magic woman Got me so blind I can't see That she's a black magic woman She's trying to make a devil out of me

Don't turn your back on me baby
Don't turn your back on me baby
Yes don't turn your back on me baby
Stop messing 'round with your tricks
Don't turn your back on me baby
You just might pick up my magic sticks"
Got your spell on me baby
Got your spell on me baby
Yes you got your spell on me baby
Turning my heart into stone
I need you so bad, magic woman
I can't leave you alone"

"Woman in Me Needs the Man in You" Shania Twain "The woman in me Needs you to be The man in my arms To hold tenderly Cause I'm a woman in love And it's you I run to Yeah the woman in me Needs the man in you"

"Woman" John Lennon "Woman I can hardly express My mixed emotions at my thoughtlessness After all I'm forever in your debt And woman I will try to express My inner feelings and thankfulness For showing me the meaning of success Woman I know you understand The little child inside of the man Please remember my life is in your hands And woman hold me close to your heart However distant don't keep us apart After all it is written in the stars Woman please let me explain I never meant to cause you sorrow or pain So let me tell you again and again and again"

"Pretty Woman" Roy Orbison "Pretty woman walkin' down the street Pretty woman, the kind I like to meet Pretty woman, I don't believe you You're not the truth No one could look as good as you Mercy Pretty woman, won't you pardon me Pretty woman, I couldn't help but see Pretty woman, and you look lovely as can be Are you lonely just like me"

"When a Man loves a Woman" Micheal Bolton "When a man loves a woman Can't keep his mind on nothin' else He'd trade the world For a good thing he's found If she is bad, he can't see it She can do no wrong Turn his back on his best friend If he puts her down When a man loves a woman Spend his very last dime Trying to hold on to what he needs He'd give up all his comforts And sleep out in the rain If she said that's the way It ought to be When a man loves a woman Deep down in his soul She can bring him such misery If she is playing him for a fool He's the last one to know Loving eyes can never see"

"Woman of Heart and Mind" Joni Mitchell "I am a woman of heart and mind With time on her hands No child to raise You come to me like a little boy And I give you my scorn and my praise You think I'm like your mother Or another lover or your sister Or the queen of our dreams Or just another silly girl When love makes a fool of me"

"Hard Lovin Woman" Deep Purple "She walked into the room Her hand upon her hip Said look out boy I'll make your backbone slip She looked straight at me The devil in her eye I knew what I was getting but took it by surprise No fooling She really knocked the stuffing out of me Some woman a hard lovin' woman She chewed me up and spat me out Some woman She's a hard lovin' woman Some woman a hard lovin' woman She didn't wear nothing but a smile Upon her face Licking her lips but I had the taste Her temperature was rising I was coming to the boil Her fires were burning She was pouring on the oil I do not jest she really took me to the cleaners Some woman I felt just great when she pulled her 38's"

"Just Like a Woman" Bob Dylan "Nobody feels any pain Tonight as I stand inside the rain Ev'rybody knows That baby's got new clothes But lately I see her ribbons and her bows Have fallen from her curls. She takes just like a woman, yes, she does She makes love just like a woman, yes, she does And she aches just like a woman But she breaks just like a little girl."

"She's Always a Woman" Billy Joel "She can kill with a smile She can wound with her eyes She can ruin your faith with her casual lies And she only reveals what she wants you to see She hides like a child But she's always a woman to me She can lead you to love She can take you or leave you She can ask for the truth But she'll never believe you And she'll take what you give her, as long as it's free She steals like a thief But she's always a woman to me Oh-she takes care of herself She can wait if she wants She's ahead of her time Oh-and she never gives out And she never gives in She just changes her mind And she'll promise you more Than the garden of eden Then she'll carelessly cut you And laugh while you're bleedin' But she'll bring out the best And the worst you can be Blame it all on yourself Cause she's always a woman to me"

"Heard Headed Woman Cat Stevens "I'm looking for a hard headed woman, One who will take me for myself, And if I find my hard headed woman, I won't need nobody else, no, no, no. I'm looking for a hard headed woman, One who will make me do my best, And if I find my hard headed woman I know the rest of my life will be blessed -- yes, yes, yes."

"I am a Woman in Love"
Barbara Streisand
"Life is a moment in space
When the dream is gone
It's a lonelier place
I kiss the morning goodbye
But down inside you know
We never know why
The road is narrow and long
When eyes meet eyes
And the feeling is strong
I turn away from the wall
I stumble and fall
But I give you it all...
I am a woman in love
And I do anything
To get you into my world
And hold you within
It's a right I defend
Over and over again
What do I do? "

"I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman" Britney Spears "I'm not a girl, not yet a woman I used to think I had the answers to everything Mm but now I know That life doesn't always go my way. yeah Feels like I'm caught in the middle That's when I realize I'm not a girl Not yet a woman All I need is time A moment that is mine While I'm in between I'm not a girl"

"Strength of a Woman" Carpenters "You've been so quiet lately Sometimes I wonder has the cat got your tongue You seem to be a thousand miles away Don't look me in the eyes and say it's o.k. Don't lie I got this funny feelin' baby That it's going to be that time again When you have the need for someone else I know you better than you know yourself Sometimes it takes the strength of a woman To understand the weakness of her man It's gonna take the strength of this woman To keep fightin' for the lovin' of her man And darlin' when you've been satisfied And it isn't new to you no more Think of me, I'll be here alone Waitin' for you to find your way back home"

"I'm a Woman" Reba Mcentire "Well I can wash out forty four pairs of socks And have 'em on the line You know I can starch and iron two dozen shirts 'fore you can count from one to nine I can slip up a great big dip up of lard from a drippings can Throw it in the skillet, do my shopping, and be back before it melts in the pan Cause I'm a woman W-o-m-a-n Let me tell ya again I'm a woman W-o-m-a-n Well I can rub and scrub till this house shines just like a dime Feed the baby Grease the car Powder my nose at the same time You know I can get all dressed up Go out swinging with the m-a-n Jump in bed at five Sleep till 6 And start all over again Well now if you come to me sick you know that I'm gonna make you well And if you come to me all hexed up you know I'm gonna break the spell And if you come to me hungry, you know I'll feed ya full of my grits And if it's loving you want, I can kiss you and give you the shivering fits"

"She's a Woman" Beatles "My love don't give me presents. I know that she's no peasant, Only ever has to give me love forever and forever, My love don't give me presents, Turn me on when I get lonely, People tell me that she's only Foolin', I know she isn't. She don't give the boys the eye, She hates to see me cry, She is happy just to hear me say That I will never leave her. She don't give the boys the eye, She will never make me jealous, Gives me all her time as well as lovin', Don't ask me why. She's a woman who understands. She's a woman who loves her man. She's a woman, she's a woman."

"Woman in Red" Stevie Wonder "Am I seeing what I think I see Or are my eyes playing tricks on me 'cause what I see don't make no sense Looking so good standing over that vent Earth venus in broad daylight The goddess of love is in my sight Gotta catch a hold of myself 'cause if I don't I'll have nothing left The woman in red The woman in red Like fine wine she's going straight to my head"

======

Brought to you by:
Cecil Pinto Totally Useless Trivia Sourcing and Compiling Service

http://www.goa-world.com/goa/expressions/
EXPRESSIONS - The Flower Shop. World famous all over Goa!