|                    Goa - 2005 Santosh Trophy Champions                 |
|      Support Soccer Activities at the grassroots in our villages       |
|  Vacationing in Goa this year-end - Carry and distribute Soccer Balls  |
'Amchem Aangan', designed to create a gender consciousness and also to
provoke thinking on retaining and developing women's  spaces, and  spaces
for discussion, will be held at Don Bosco's Oratory  Hall, Panaji, from  7th
to 9th  December, 2005. This time, it will include inter-college,
inter-professional and workplace association  and inter-organisation events.

'Amchem Aangan' will also include informative stalls with a focus on gender
issues and stalls presenting hand-made and ecofriendly products and
traditional medicines. There will also be gift items with a difference
available at the stalls. Various events like 'Bhumika'(Role Play),
'Kalavishkar'(Art),  'Halla  Bol'(Speak Out), 'Soor Mhajem'(Songs and Poems)
and 'Shodh'(Fact-finding Report) will be organized on each day.

These events are being organized under the auspices  of  the SAAD AANGAN
Trust  which has been set up with a view  to nurture a drop-in centre for
women and girls - a centre  which  can foster community support and concern
on issues of women and equip the  community to provide support to women and
girls to find their spaces. Amchem Aangan is also expected to generate
community suggestions  on shaping the drop-in center  on the basis of the
community's needs and resources.

Movies around women's issues will also be screened on all  the three days.
On the 7th, there will be screening of Charulata directed by Satyajit Ray,
on the 8th, "Not only Mrs. Raut" directed by Ahire and on the 9th "Meghe
Dhaka Tara" directed by Ritwik. The screening will start at 5:30 pm. each
day.

* G * O * A * N * E * T *** C * L * A * S * S * I * F * I * E * D * S *
Spread the Christmas cheer - even when you're not here!
Send Christmas Greetings to your loved ones in Goa.
2005 Christmas Package - Flowers, Bubbles and Layers of Love.
http://www.goa-world.com/expressions/xmas/