Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 07:03:09 +0300
From: "Jyotiba Patil" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Goanet] ORIGINS OF CHRISTMAS
To: <goanet@goanet.org>

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL [EMAIL PROTECTED] VIEWERS.
Yours,
Jyotiba Patil
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Jeddah

Historians are unsure exactly when Christians first began celebrating
the Nativity of Christ. However, most scholars believe that Christmas
originated in the 4th century as a Christian substitute for pagan
celebrations of the winter solstice. Before the introduction of

|                    Goa - 2005 Santosh Trophy Champions                 |
|      Support Soccer Activities at the grassroots in our villages       |
|  Vacationing in Goa this year-end - Carry and distribute Soccer Balls  |