|    Goanetters annual meet in Goa is scheduled for Dec 27, 2005 @ 4pm   |
|The Riviera Opposite Hotel Mandovi, Panjim (near Ferry Jetty/Riverfront)|
|         Attending.......drop a line to [EMAIL PROTECTED]            |
Year 2005 is living behind unresolved mounting issues. The issues that surfaced out this year are: TCP ordinance issue, Garbage issue, Environmental issue, Ingo Grill's Saturday night bazaar issue, Scrap yard issue, rave parties' issue, computer teachers issue, pre-employment candidates issue, Goa Antibiotic closure / revamping issue, deteriorating EDC issue, political in-flights of MLAs issue, court interventions in speakers rulings issue, street re-naming issue. Other issues that affected general public are pathetic road conditions, irregular supply of elixir of life in water, shortage of electricity supply, decorating law and order, none cooperative attitudes of Chief Officers of municipalities resulting in poor maintenance of cleanliness of municipal areas. Though it's a common practice in Goa to point figures to earlier government, in this 2005 year the ruling party has no moral grounds to point figures at previous government. For today's ruling party is the concoction of erstwhile ministers of previous government who are continuing to rule Goa. The only difference is they are now ruling us from ruling side. They always like to be in ruling party is what is their principle and they are without any morals. All these issues surfaced out like Mushrooms of 2005. No congress leader (of course they don't have real effective leader. They are all full of leaders with NO followers is a forgone conclusion) ever bothered to give time to these issues. They must admit that they have failed on many counts for which they cannot justify themselves. So much so that Congress party failed to realize growing unrest in general public. Earlier Curca villagers stopped dumping of garbage in their area even after court ruling, Santacruz villagers mobilized movement against TCP ordinance, Last few days villagers got together to close down the Ingo Grill's bazaar, this time again villagers marched to close down 13 crushers in Sattari, the home constituency of our CM, on account of environmental pollution issue which resulted in brutally killing one person, injuring 40 matlele police personnel, and damaged 4 police cars. All these actions are clear indicative of Goans loosing faith in ruling party and hence they are resorting to take law and order in their hands. Such developed hatred to party and growing mass movement is detrimental to Goa and Congress party at large. Will Goa Congress do some retrospective analysis? Or will they continue their own way till they see their own death in Goa?

Dr. U. G. Barad

|                    Goa - 2005 Santosh Trophy Champions                 |
|      Support Soccer Activities at the grassroots in our villages       |
|  Vacationing in Goa this year-end - Carry and distribute Soccer Balls  |