|    Goanetters annual meet in Goa is scheduled for Dec 27, 2005 @ 4pm   |
|The Riviera Opposite Hotel Mandovi, Panjim (near Ferry Jetty/Riverfront)|
|         Attending.......drop a line to [EMAIL PROTECTED]            |
> From: "Frederick Noronha (FN)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Should policemen be celebrating religious festivals in their stations in a
> secular state, which
ought to have no link with religion?

No, there should be no such celebration for any religious festival/feast for
the following
reasons:

1. The policemen/women are employed to police, not celebrate religious
festivals.
2. Policemen/women can privately celebrate to their heart's content.
3. Public taxpayer money should be used for public services and the minimum
necessary govt.
expenditures.
4. Separation of church and state works well to keep a large segment of the
population from
imposing their views on a minority.

Regards,
George

|                    Goa - 2005 Santosh Trophy Champions                 |
|      Support Soccer Activities at the grassroots in our villages       |
|  Vacationing in Goa this year-end - Carry and distribute Soccer Balls  |