Enjoy your holiday in Goa. Stay at THE GARCA BRANCA from November to May
         There is no better, value for money, guest house.
              Confirm your bookings early or miss-out

   Altough a relative newcomer to GOANET and, as such, lacking the weight
  and gravitas of the many stalwarts of several years, I would like to add my
  feeble voice to endorse strongly the very sane view point on the subject
  expressed by M/s Elizabeth Carvalho and Dr.Francisco Colaco.
  Temples of one religion have been built over by members of other religions
  since times immemorial: the Romans built on Greek sites, many Roman
  churches were built on the sites of Roman pagan temples and in the USA,
  hundreds of homes have been built on the sites of American Indian burial
  grounds, more hallowed to them than churches to us or mosques   to Muslims.
  So, this is a somewhat sterile discussion that leads nowhere and can only
help
  insufflate passions and perhaps, engender the rise of myths, like the one of
  the Chosen People  "ordained by Divine Fiat" to possess a certain piece of
land,
  which they therefore feel entitled to appropriate by dispossessing existing
  legitimate owners, driving them to misery.
  Let us concentrate instead on matters of import concerning our country,
  facing an unprecedented onslaught from occupation by outsiders in outsize
  numbers, etc.
  Hoping I  do not appear too censorious, would it be possible for the editors
  to ensure that there is a civil discourse in discussions on any topic? and
that
  the use of intemperate language is vetted?

  MARCOS GOMES CATAO