Enjoy your holiday in Goa. Stay at THE GARCA BRANCA from November to May
         There is no better, value for money, guest house.
              Confirm your bookings early or miss-out

I would agree with Marcos, Elizabeth and other like
minded individuals that there is no point in
discussing the issue of the destruction of Hindu
temples. As long as we acknowledge the facts, there is
really no need to turn back the clock or seek
restitution.

I think the real issue is that some self appointed
defenders of the Catholic church seek to spread
falsehoods about historical events, which I would tend
to argue serves to further inflame passions of
religious intolerance. I feel it is very important to
counter such irresponsible statements immediately, for
failure to do so can only foster a climate of distrust
between the various religious communities.

The consequences of recent inaction can only been seen
in how the church as suffered as a result of its
in-action in dealing with the issue of child abuse by
some clergy. Decades of coverups and the failure or
fear of dealing with the truth has resulted in severe
financial burdens on the church, not to mention a
significant loss in its credibility.  The church has
on many occassions played a very positive role in
society, but the hard and dedicated work by the
majority of its truly devoted members has been
significantly diminished by the irresponsible actions
and comments of a few.

Marlon