Enjoy your holiday in Goa. Stay at THE GARCA BRANCA from November to May
        There is no better, value for money, guest house.
             Confirm your bookings early or miss-out

Dear Prof. Cornel,

I cannot accept your unilateral and "cordial peace". And you cannot and should not accept my apologies while still believing that I twice responded to you with an "unmistakable sting in the tail".

Instead, you could have responded to my apologies with your own apology, in regard to your ironic and offensive remark you made about me and the Goan Observer. Why instead accuse me, again, of a waspish attitude?

I have tried my best to engage positively with you, including offering my sincere apologies. Unfortunately, I now feel you were not even able to accept my apologies in an honourful way.

Thank you to all who have tried to sort out this supposed "misunderstanding".

Constantino

PS: Interesting how, instead of discussing my points in "Journalism in Portuguese India 1821-1961", we have come to this. Those still interested might read my piece at
http://goanet.org/post.php?name=News&list=goanet&info=2006-June/date&post_id=043206

------------------------

Hi Helga
Constantino and I made our peace very very quickly and cordially. Yes,
definitely something was missing or unclear in translation. Hence my
initial very short, very polite and very reasonable request regarding what
was meant by a particular statement he had made in what was clearly, his
interesting article.

I am sure the net effect of our brief exchange of posts will alert
Constantino that one has to be cautious when responding with an unmistakable
sting in the tail, especially when this happened (not to your knowledge) a
second time.
Cornel