Enjoy your holiday in Goa. Stay at THE GARCA BRANCA from November to May
         There is no better, value for money, guest house.
              Confirm your bookings early or miss-out

Dear Paolo,

Thanks a lot for your email clarifying that Cardinal Valerian Gracias'
mother was from Navelim and that his father was from Dramapur, Chinchinim.
But the Bottomline line is that he was a Shastikar from Goa. As long as your
email and research did not prove that Cardinal Valerian Gracias was not Goan
or a non-Shastikar, it made my day. I am really very keen to know where
(which parish) in Bandra did Cardinal Valerian Gracias do his pastoral work.

Actually, many months ago, I have proposed an AVCC (Assolna, Velim,
Cuncolim, Chinchinim) Village Union, so that kind of makes Cardinal Gracias
a fellow villager of Sorts. Instead of quibbling or being one up on Navelim,
I think you should do more research on the enterprising Furtados of
Chinchinim who had founded a small night school in the Dhobitalao area of
Bombay that later became St. Xavier's College in Bombay.

Best Regards,

Dr. Carmo D'Cruz
Shastikar, Proud Velkar
Even More Proud To Be A Goenkar,