Mervyn,
In November 2005, I spent three weeks with an old college friend of mine in Bastora. Of course ,he has long been a resident of that village and ,.........being retired has a lot of time for leisure. He introduced me to his regular watering hole in Mapusa........ a tiny but delightful place called Mapusa Cabin on one of the side streets.........run by a genial gent called Peter DeSouza. We went there pretty regularly and I noted that a lot of the clientele were regulars who dropped in after a hard day`s work........in the manner of the Coronation Street patrons.............but, I never once saw any gent bring his ladyfolk there.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mervyn Lobo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, December 31, 2006 8:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Goanet] Sausages In A Rosary

Saibal Das
MAPUSA
Sausages In A Rosary
The Mapusa market has the best Goan spices and spirits
LESLEY A. ESTEVES
Special Issue: Food Towns Special
You don't just get Goa's famous feni and port wine
here; you get the best home-distilled cashew and
coconut feni and home-made currant, ginger and
beetroot wine. You don't just get the best cashewnuts
cheaper here than anywhere else in Goa; you get them
in 10-kg tins at incredible wholesale rates. Here
being Mapusa, home every Friday to Goa's biggest
fresh produce bazaar.

Folks,
What's missing here is what is the er, coolest spot to
wash away the dust of the market. Yes, I am talking
about cold beers. Once upon a time, at least for E.
Africans, it used to be Casa Bela, then Bertsy's.....

Bwana Shenzi, which is the spot you now use?
Mervyn