Goanet recommends, and is proud to be associated with,
'Domnic's Goa' - A nostalgic romp through a bygone era.
This book is the perfect gift for any Goan, or anyone
wanting to understand Goa. Distributed locally by
Broadway, near Caculo Island, Panjim & internationally
by OtherIndiaBookStore.Com. For trade enquiries contact
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Aristo, Thanks for the compliments.

Just a few comments to your response:

I agree that I was probably too harsh with Sunith.

But you do not seem to have an opinion about his attack on Selma and on
every other Goan that does not share his opinion.

Isn't calling them "ignorants" even harsher than calling Sunith immature?

And yes I agree with you, your skin colour, as well as mine, as well as
Sunith's, as well as the rest of Indians is the same. But lets not forget
Srilankans, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, etc. Don't they have the same skin
colour too? Why are they independent? And for that matter how many different
nations in Europe have the same skin colour? Portuguese for example have the
same skin colour as their cousins Spanish and other Europeans (and Portugal
was part of Spain before its foundation and even after during the Philips
reign) but isn't Portugal independent? Anyway, this seems to invalidate your
argument. Just because our skin colour is the same as the rest of Indians it
does not mean to say we need to be ruled by the rest of India. Or at least
someone should have asked if that was what the majority wished soon after
1961. The plebiscite never happened and we will never know the truth about
people's minds. A basic democratic right which was denied for centuries
under the Portuguese continued to be denied by the new rulers who are
supposed to have liberated us after 1961 (but "technically" as Fred says it
was a conquest. What a joke!).

Paulo Colaco Dias.

  • ... Paulo Colaco Dias
    • ... Frederick [FN] Noronha * फ्रेडरिक नोरोन्या
      • ... Paulo Colaco Dias
        • ... Frederick [FN] Noronha * फ्रेडरिक नोरोन्या
    • ... Gilbert Lawrence