 >I also believe conversely, fundamentalism has its roots in
>poverty, which leads to lack of education and being
>disenfranchised from the mainstream. The fact that UK
>Muslims, who apparently live in UK ghettos are more
>prone to embrace fundamentalism than the Muslim youth
>of America, who atleast by the second generation start
l>iving the American dream, is a telling tale.

Further evidence of the type of completely fake secularism that Selma tries
to portray, by using different yardsticks for different people.

If  what you say above is true, why is the richest nation on Earth, the USA
also the epicentre of Christian fundamentalism. Is George Bush not part of
the so called 'American dream'.

Are the Wahabi's in Saudi Arabia impoverished? Was Osama not from one of the
richest families there.

Did the Hindutva movement rise from the poorest classes i.e. the Dalits?

It seems like organised religion (in its aggressive form) is the only common
denominator in all the above cases, but Selma is afraid to say it lest she
jeopardise her position of a closet Vatican loyalist parading as an
'agnostic secular humanist', who opposes fundamentalism by all except those
of her faith tradition.

Pardon me Selma, but your slip has been showing for a long time now.

Sunith Velho