                     **** http://www.GOANET.org ****

 TRI Continental Film Festival - Dona Paula, Goa, Sep 28 - Oct 2, 2007
           http://www.moviesgoa.org/tricontinental/tricon.htm

                           For public viewing
Registration at The International Centre Goa Ph: +91 (832) 2452805 to 10

              Online Media Partner:  http://www.GOANET.org

When in school we had to take part in joint school programme on the Republic
day in the open grounds. As years went  by the programme became a burden to us.
We infact did not want to organise anything and so the best way is to ask the
PT teacher to prepare one desh bakti song which our students knew it by heart.
Or else we would be called anti nationals. I feel the same feeling when this
year it is dedicated to the word of God and the church has not been doing
enough to propagate the word of God but mere telling us that we should read the
word of God. How many of us really know to read the Bible ? for somany years
the scriptures that we had to know was what we read at mass and half the time
the lay person who reads he or she does not know what it is read. The little
homily is not sufficent. Great amount of population is craving for the word of
God. We are longing for a really good retreat. Many are seen running here and
there to Potta, to Neura to listen to the word of God. The church bans the lay
people from preaching the word of God though they could have been the birth of
people who could be inspired by the Holy Spirit but for our prestige and pride
and superiority our spiritual life has been mere going for mass, reciting
rosary which has no meaning to the communication with God and bundle of pages
of prayers written by some priests and attending thousands of feasts of Mary
and saints which are mostly foreigners whom we sometimes do not even know
properly. I wonder why only foreigeners can become saints and wonder whether I
a black Indian will ever reach heaven as it looks like only white skin people
have entry into the kingdom of God. While what Jesus says no one pays any
attention. God forgive us for our sins
albert
Download the latest version of Windows Live Messenger NOW!
http://get.live.com/en-ie/messenger/overview