           * * *  2007  ANNUAL  GOANETTERS MEET - GOA  * * *
WHERE: Foodland Cafe - Miramar Residency - Miramar, Goa

WHEN: December 27, 2007 @ 4:30pm

More info:

http://lists.goanet.org/pipermail/goanet-goanet.org/2007-December/066098.html
--- kaleon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In social studies one chapter for each school year
> &nbsp;covers Islam and the life of Prophet Mohammed.
> I have learned a lot about both from helping her
> with her studies.&nbsp;There is a lot of detail
> about both How secular is that?&nbsp;

I think in secular education it is important to teach
students about all religions, and all spiritualist and
materialist philosophical traditions. This should be
done in a philosophy or social studies class. Secular
education does not mean expunging education of all
references to religion and religious ideas. Students
ought to be allowed to compare and contrast facts
about all religious schools of thought from a
historical as well as contemporary standpoint. The
only things that should not be part of secular
education are chauvinism and indoctrination.

Cheers,

Santosh

Spread the Christmas Cheer, even when you're not here!
Send classic greetings to your loved ones in Goa.
EXPRESSIONS - 2007 Christmas Hamper
Visit http://www.goa-world.com/expressions/xmas/
Or e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]