Francis writes:
>I don't believe that the umbilical cord that inexorably links
>a child of Goa to its motherland, can ever be duplicated by a
>non-native. It's simply a fact of life. Argue what you will.

This is clearly a xenophobic argument. Especially, it is funny when
many of the people who argue this, go abroad, take citizens of foreign
countries, make money there, and then come back to claim their motherland.

What right do they have to claim their motherland? What have they contributed
to their motherland all their life?  They should be given
a kick on their backside and asked to scoot off! They will --- very soon
because their loyalities actually lie with some other country. Yes,
they may be able to buy some localites
because sure they have money, no doubt.

On the other hand, those who may not be born in Goa but who have lived all
their life in Goa, and contributed to Goa deserve to be Goans much more than
someone who is just born in Goa.

regards,
Samir