As a lover of konkani music I too wud be interested to see Francis presentation on the website.

Edward Verdes
http://www.esnips.com/web/edskantaram/
http://www.kantaram.blogspot.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "maria gomes" .

Francis Rodrigues gave us a good half an hour on Goan music of the last 50 years. It was an unexpected but really interesting take because he holds a wealth of information and personal knowledge of many of our music icons like Frank Fernandes, Chris Perry, Lorna, Alfred Rose, Remo and others. The work done on the transcription of musical pieces for the book he will be publishing soon on the favourite songs of the Diaspora provides yet another and (relatively untapped) approach to Goan music. I wish Francis would comply with my request to post his presentation on the website. We will of course miss his humming of the tunes, but we will certainly benefit from the written word.