I feel sad that Floriano Lobo was not invited to speak at the rally held in
Panaji. He should take a leaf out of Anacletto Viegas's book and start a NGO
that would supplement his Goa Suraj party. It has perhaps dawned on Anacleto to
that the UGDP has lost its potential as a "people's party" and that the Goan
public has put more faith in the NGOs to fight their battles that range from
panchayat-level politics to state-level. As we have seen the mushrooming of
NGOs in Goa, which I wrote earlier on this forum, as a new type of
professionalism. The fact that the NGOs are garnering lot of media attention
and also the ears of the government has probably promoted for Anacleto to try
on this grassroot level.
The people's power in some of the troubled regions of the states, more so in
Benaulim and Colva villages, have forced the politicians to take a back seat.
What better way to cash in on the growing importance and influence of the NGOs
than floating one more. The more the merrier, though caution must be taken to
see that they to do clash against each other on vital issues that affect the
Goan masses. We have seen the recent exit of Dr. Oscar, and such incidents does
not protend well for the future.
So, Floriano should take a hint and start another NGO. Perhaps tend his voice
will be heard more among the Goans in Goa than echoing in the empty spaces of
the Internet. His journey from a "tarvotti" to a "mullah" seems to have been
complete, an end to his roadmap. The best recourse for this Mullah from Moira,
whose rambunctious noises, including issuing a "fatwa" against me, would be to
join his good friend Miquel Braganza in a common NGO instead of duelling on
goanet.
Besides, you cannot "deny" Jesus with a tongue-in-cheek remark. The tongue
sometimes bites back.

Eugene