--- On Thu, 11/27/08, Jose Agnelo do Rosario Pinto wrote:

It is surprising to me that I have not seen yet a single email from Goanet >readers contemning these terrorist acts.

--- On Thu, 11/27/08, Santosh Helekar responded:

It is not surprising if you recognize the fact that condemnation of communal violence on Goanet is done only when it fits within a partisan political and ideological agenda. But to those of us who have to and prefer to deal with these tragedies with quiet sadness and solemnity, condemnation has no meaning.

RESPONSE: The ongoing events in Mumbai are not classified as Communal Violence. Terrorists and terrorism only believe in the ideology of violence. Terrorists target all religions, races, nationalities, ethnic groups, etc.....unlike Communal Violence.

In some countries acts of terrorism are distinguised from Criminal Acts.

The relationships between communal violence and political/ideological agendas is usually self-evident.

Acts of communal violence and terrorism, tragedies in themselves, are dealt with quiet sadness and solemnity by many. Condemnation alone of either on Goanet has no meaning in itself, perhaps!!

- b

Reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communal_violence