I think Secretary Geithner was part of the New York City cabal of Wall Street,
Insurance, Banks, etc that bankrupted this country.  IMO Secretary Geithner
should go!

Regarding Mario's second point on Chris Dodd.  Those in the know, have always
known that  Mario is / was the Republican (GOP) representative on Goanet. We,
on Goanet are very privileged to have that presence - even if it is a
self-appointed title.  But those who want proof of his bonafide, (i.e. doing
the GOP bidding) here it is.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/19/dodd-democrats-targeted-f_n_176848.html

The big question: Is Mario on the CPAC or Rush Limbaugh payroll?:=))

I am not defending Dodd. There is just a web of influencing peddling by
corporations, their consultants, lobbyists and politicians of both political
parties with massive campaign contributions.  Mario would serve himself by
watching "Hypocrisy Watch" on CNBC showing Republican senators a few months
ago, insisting on govt staying out of "the running of the bailed out
institutions".  And Mario repeated the same drum-beat on Goanet. It is so sad
that some demagogues have progressive amnesia.

For those who want to see more on politicians waffling see:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/19/lawrence-odonnell-reduces_n_176886.html

The Goan residents of goanet have to put up with the right wing diatribe;
without enjoying the hypocrisy. This  is displayed by replaying news or TV
clips of what the same people, including Bush administration officials, said a
few months ago or what the real facts are.  Bush's cabal are actively
re-writing history of the last eight years -- Surprise! Surprise!

Regards, GL

----------------------- From: Mario Goveia

Current Treasury Secretary Geithner, who was Chairman of the NY Federal Reserve
Bank previously, was directly involved in the original AIG bailout plan which
started last year under the previous administration, and should have known
about these disclosures, but says he only found out a week ago.  Senator Chris
Dodd, Chairman of the Senate Financial Services Committee, added wording in the
stimulus plan that specifically exempted bonus contracts that were signed
before February 11, 2009, and is now also pretending he had no idea.