>Julio Ribeiro, who is as Goan as a Goan can be was hand picked to head the
>Police Force in precisely the same state, Punjab when the Akali's made it
>too hot for the locals to handle ;-)

>So now you can envisage.........

Come to Karnataka. In private industry, you will not know if the person
is a kannadiga or not. Of course, things in the govt. are probably different.

Private industry in Karnataka is quiet cosmopolitan where more or less
merit rules.

The problem with Goa is that there isn't much of private industry in the
first place. Secondly, even if there is, not many Goans want to work there.
Why ?

We have seen the recent fight in Wockhardt in Cuncolim. Though I dont
know the details, I cant imagine such a fight happening in Bangalore's
Wockhardt.

The following is considered given in Karnataka. That private industry will hire
and
fire. It is not obliged to create jobs. However, in the same tone, the
private industry is not given undue concessions by the govt.

Private industry lives and dies with the market. You have a good product,
you survive; you have a bad one, you die. You do well, you hire more
people, you do  badly, you fire them.

Goans have to realize the above first, secondly fight in the market,
rather than complain. Of course, I am fully with Goans when they say that land
etc
should not be doled out to private industry unnecessarily.

But I dont agree with the Goans when they say that there are more
outside vendors in the market. Outside vendors survive because Goans
are not willing to fight in the market. Outside vendors survive because
they give the best bang for the buck. Goans would prefer to go to
Dubai and do a job, rather than be an entreprenuer and slog it out in
Goa. That is fine, but then why complain ?

regards,
Samir