* G * O * A * N * E * T *** C * L * A * S * S * I * F * I * E * D * S *

Sangath, www.sangath.com, is looking to build a centre for services, training
and research and seeks to buy approx 1500 to 2000 sq mtrs land betweeen Mapusa
and Bambolim and surrounding rural areas. Please contact: contac...@sangath.com
or yvo...@sangath.com or ph+91-9881499458
http://lists.goanet.org/pipermail/goanet-goanet.org/2009-July/180028.html

Fred wrote:
Trust Eugene to stir up the pot :-) I guess organising such meetings
depends on who is willing to take up the initiative. And, knowing how
we Goans operate, there are many to criticise, but few to fold up
their sleeves and work!

Eugene, another thing: please don't write an obit on me if you get the
chance to. I'd really appreciate that favour :-) FN

*********

By his post and his use of smileys, I understand that Fred does not want to
engage in dialogue or debate. Read carefully and understand that I have made a
request for the convention to be postponed this year. My criticism is that the
NRI office should have looked at things all round before making the decision.
I wish Fred would discuss the key issues raised in my post, namely that the
fund alloted by the Goa government to host the convention be deposited into a
special fund for NRIs or NRGs who have eitehr return or return in the future
from the Middle East.
The theme, The Gulf Goan, is vague. A Gulf Goan is nothing more than one who is
forced to work there because of more income than he or she would get in Goa or
rest of India or because the person has failed to get a job in Goa or the rest
of India. I do not see anything beyound that. The Gulf Goans are not going to
be there permanently.
The issue of Indians in the Gulf has been raised at the Pravasi Divas forum.
The Gulf Goan is no exception. He is part and parcel of the NRI population in
the Middle East.
I would like to ask fellow netters outside Oman if they would go t6 Muscat for
the convention. This would give us an inkling of what the netters are thinking.
I have opened a debate and Fred wants to run away with the statement that I can
be trusted to stir the pot. When you are dead before me, you will have no
authority to block me from writing an obit on you. However, I would in passing
would like to write what I think of your journalism, especially since I have
read many of your columns during my recent stay in Goa.
I won't go so far to support some of your critics who have called you a
"cut-and-paste" journalist. I won't engage in a dogfight but would debate you
on the lines of what constitutes good journalism or, rather, provocative
journalism. And I am using no smileys.

That's all for now.

Eugene

http://www.flickr.com/gift/
  • ... Eugene Correia
    • ... Frederick [FN] Noronha * फ्रेडरिक न ोरोन्या
    • ... Venantius Pinto
      • ... Frederick [FN] Noronha * फ्रेडरिक न ोरोन्या
      • ... Carvalho
    • ... Venantius Pinto
    • ... Venantius Pinto
      • ... Frederick [FN] Noronha * फ्रेडरिक न ोरोन्या
    • ... Francis Rodrigues