Two new showrooms/office spaces, double height (135 sq m each with bath)
for lease in upscale Campal/Miramar beach area, Panaji, Goa.
Contact: goaengineer...@aol.com

It is good that an experienced cancer surgeon such as Anil Desai, who has
practiced in Goa and the United Kingdom, weighed in in this discussion, even
though his rebuttal might have been a little too harsh.

Since Viviana has allowed us a closing statement, let me close by making the
following observations.

It is wrong and irresponsible to make a categorical blanket claim that cancer
is incurable in any part of the world, including Goa, as was done in this
forum. As I have said before, cancer can be detected at an early stage in Goa,
and in many cases, cured, if treated with modern scientific medicine. Also,
there are several cancers, listed earlier, that can be cured even in the
advanced stages.

The fact that a significant percentage of cancer patients are permanently cured
of their cancer today is inferred from what are known as long-term survival
curves, of the type that cancer epidemiologist Hermann Brenner and his
coworkers have published.

From the scientific standpoint, a complete cure is deemed to have occurred if a
cancer patient has:

a) Survived after treatment without cancer recurrence for a period that exceeds
the plateau phase (the point at which the falling survival curve becomes
parallel to the x axis) of his/her cancer’s survival curve, and

b) Has achieved a normal life free of cancer, wherein the probabilities of
dying from it, as well as of attaining the average life expectancy, are the
same as that of any normal person who has never had cancer.

Indeed, the latest study to which I referred in one of my recent posts
calculates the exact cure rates for several of the most common cancers, from
their long-term survival curves.

Therefore, if you consider yourself to be a rational human being, you need to
take these unequivocal scientific facts seriously, and reject all your
pre-conceived fact-free notions about cancer, and the silly selective personal
anecdotes that were peddled in this forum. They are worthless from the rational
perspective. You have to also shun all quack treatments and untested
homeopathic or other "alternative" remedies.

Cheers,

Santosh