Message: 2
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 22:16:38 +0400
From: "Blasio Fernandes" <blasio.fernan...@emirates.com>
Subject: [Goanet]  Request for words for monkey in Konknni

Hi Blasio,

Mankod or Makod is one and the same as I stated before, the female monkey is
also known as "Makode", the leader of the group is known as "Zungo" he is
usually the meanest and the biggest monkey of the group, who dominates the
group, especially the females.

"Hetem" has a very close resemblance with makod, slightly darker in colour,
slightly smaller than the normal "makod" in size, one major difference is
"makod" does not feast on tender coconuts whereas "hetem" can devastate a
coconut plantation in no time, I remember in the mid 80's,  two "hetim" somehow
landed in our village and a good number of coconut trees were completely
devastate in just one hour or so, the people tried a lot of ways to chase them
off, beating utensils, lighting fire crackers, flinging stones, dogs where
brought in  but they wouldn't  go, A couple of my tree too got the treatment,
the coconut trees were very tall so probably they thought they were safe, so
unfortunately I had no option but to shoot them down..

The last time I had visited the Vidhan Sabha, it did look like a zoo,  I had
also seen two guys resembling a gorilla and an ape, from the look of them they
looked to be family members from south Goa, then there was some one who reminded
me of a baboon, who thinks his, is always "red" from the other side of Panjim,
there was also the trickster chimp from Quepem, a couple of "hetim" from
Canacona seemed to be ready to snatch food packets from the visitors, and
ofcourse the "Zungo" from Margao kept a close look on all the visitors. If you
visit the Vidhan Sabha in the near future please let me know if you come
encounter any new species.

Freddy Agnelo Fernandes

The content of this electronic communication is intended solely for the use of
the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and any others who are
specifically authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or otherwise placing
reliance on the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful
in certain legal jurisdictions. If you have received this communication in
error please notify the sender immediately by responding to this email and then
delete it from your system.