To: <goanet@lists.goanet.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2009 1:31 AM
Subject: Re: [Goanet] Virgin coconut oil...

Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 10:33:24 +0530
From: "floriano" <floriano.l...@gmail.com>

But Mario, one thing puzzles me. We in Goa ate nothing but coconut copra oil for ages and if people died of choked cardio vascular systems and high LDL we would never know. But sure as hell they didn't die at 40-45 :-)). Then, all of a sudden this staple became the killer and they fall off their feet at 40-45, very much dead. Can you solve this puzzle for me please??

Mario's random thoughts on the end of life:

Floriano,

Not only would Goans eat copra but eggs every day with whole milk and then ate the cream with sugar, not to mention Christians eating massive qualtities of beef and pork with the fat and skin, after fighting over who got the fat.

Secondly, you have written your "Sure as hell..." personal impressions which may or may not conform to actual facts about mortality in Goa. A factor in heart attacks is stress which may be much higher these days. I have two male ancestors who grew up in Goa and died of heart attacks in British India. One died in 1941 at 53 and his Dad died in 1929 at 87. I'm hoping I take after the latter.