PRESS RELEASE

It gives us great pleasure to announce the launch of a collaborative called the
Monsoon Grey Centre for Design supported by the Xavier Centre of Historical
Research, Porvorim, Goa which will offer courses on film appreciation, film
making, digital storytelling and visual literacy to start with. The Centre will
also start a membership based Film Study Circle and an Art History Club. The
Film Study Circle will critically study films where each film that is viewed
will be discussed for its technical and artistic content. Similarly the Art
History Club will discuss the various aspects of the visual arts.

A wide range of possibilities exist in the form of courses, workshops and
seminars in the area of Film, Media and Art and our focus will be the design
elements of the various forms. The courses will be designed to suit the
requirement of the audience in terms of both duration and content, whether it
is a documentary film making course or a workshop on poster design. The
programs of Monsoon Grey will be organised at Xavier Centre of Historical
Research and other locations like colleges, schools, art galleries and
cultural/educational institutions.

Seven, a series of events spread over a week - January 30, 2010 to February 5,
2010 will launch the collaborative. The events to be held at the Xavier Centre
of Historical Research are open to all. The events are informal and very
interactive and include mini sessions on visual and film literacy, digital
storytelling, etc. to give you a taste of what is to come.

To kick start the launch we have planned an event inspired by a novel written
by Turkish author Orhan Pamuk who won the Nobel Prize in Literature in 2006.
Titled My Name is Red, the book is both an intense meditation on and a
labyrinthine journey into the nature of art, miniature painting in particular.
Set towards the end of the sixteenth century in Turkey, the novel as one critic
put it is "a scintillating fusion of murder mystery, postmodernist fable and
historical romance."

The inaugural event is called I am Red (the title of one of the chapters) and
intends to celebrate red in every way possible. Several people from diverse
backgrounds have been invited to participate by contributing artworks in a
medium of their choice: words (an essay, a story, a poem, a performance),
images (photographs, drawings or paintings), objects (pottery, sculpture,
assemblages) or informal performances involving music and action, audio-visual
presentations and digital stories, but all revolving around the theme of red.

The associates of Monsoon Grey, Apurva Kulkarni, Salil Konkar and Gayathri Rao
Konkar invite you to attend the launch event Seven, beginning with I am Red on
January 30, 2010. 5:30 pm.

For more information about Monsoon Grey, our programs and schedule of all the
launch events please visit us at www.monsoongrey.com or call +91-9423316395
(Gayathri)

Gayathri Rao Konkar,

Monsoon Grey

monsoongrey.com Email: monsoong...@gmail.com Phone: +91-9423316395 4C/Fi-2
Models Millennium Vistas Caranzalem, Goa, India 403002 22 January, 2010