--- On Wed, 6/16/10, Marshall Mendonza <mmendonz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The recording of the meeting is up on
> YouTube<http://blogs.outlookindia.com/default.aspx?ddm=10&pid=2243&eid=31>

The speakers in the above recording entitled "India's War on People" quite
brazenly introduce us to a version of history and a political ideology -
indeed, an alternative reality, with which to interpret the Maoist caused
violence that has claimed the lives of hundreds of civilians and security
personnel each year over the last decade.

Are there any Goanetters and/or Goan activists besides Marshall who agree with
this version of history and this ideology? I am particularly interested in
hearing from people like Augusto who attacked Nandakumar for criticizing
Arundhati Roy.

BTW, the following quotes defending the Maoists' positions and killings caught
my eye:

"They [Maoists] don't believe in privatisation, but in state capitalism."
....Arundhati Roy

Please note the creative use of the word capitalism. I wonder why she did not
use the word communism, instead.

"It is not the Maoists who are going against the law, it is the Government of
India which is violating its own Constitution. War is directed against any
resistance."
....Gautam Navlakha

How many Goanetters besides Marshall believe in this alternative reality?

Cheers,

Santosh