Pahanaryachya drusti made soundarya sattavlela asto.
(Beauty lies in the eye/sight of the beholder).

Who writes such opening/leading language-- "making merry" with "nude women,
"naked Lord Krishna," and" Lard (LORD) Shiva reveling with unclothed women"?
The two Deities, Krishna (Om Namo Bhagwate Vasudeva), and Shiva (Om Namah
Shivaya) have over the centuries through various manifestations been infused
with power, the idea of time, and cosmic emergies---SO, at the very least
try avoiding the use of the word "naked" as if to convey their helplessness.

Artists also need to understand is that freedom is not only for oneself. One
must taken into consideration what ones idea of freedom of expression can
wreak upon ones own people--both Hindus and Christians. And this has nothing
to do with being afraid for oneself or fearing for ones life--it is about
panning across and seeing what today's Kurukshetra looks like. Enough said
at this point--until innocent questioning begins--perhaps from Christian
quarters.

+++++++++++++++++++++++
Moving on:
The two links below are STRICTLY Christian-centered, and are an aid towards
comprehending the Nakedness (here NOT nudity) of Christ. A brief glimpse of
what it means.

***Now, steering towards Jesus. Time to share this bit of reading, instead
of me writing up a sin. *
Naked
Christs<http://www.rutherford.org/oldspeak/articles/religion/oldspeak-christ2.asp>
* and Balaam's
Ass<http://www.rutherford.org/oldspeak/articles/religion/oldspeak-christ2.asp>

+++++++++++++++++++++++

 Now, coming from the Left (Left field, Davea xhett'an san, whatever). This
may help in understanding Symbology and yes accept it as Reality
too: Following the Naked Christ
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/4/2/142426/5759 (excerpt below from this
link)

For more than 800 years there has been an art tradition of portraying the
Naked Christ.  Some of these are depictions of the baptism, where nakedness
was the practice.  But the strongest expressions of Christ's nakedness and
humanity have been that of the crucifixion... these are, in my opinion:
 Michaelangelo, Subirachs and Cavallaro.

The Christ figure is naked because he has gone through days of torture and
humiliation before being nailed to a cross.  What astounds me, after all
these hundreds of years, is that the Church and the public do not protest at
depictions of torture, including the tortured Christ, but react with horror
at the Naked Christ.
Here (vjp):
Michaelangelo
http://www.italian-renaissance-art.com/Last-Judgement.html
(all "nanga-panga", more correctly I believe, ugddo/ugdde, not
nagddo/nagdde)
http://www.johncoulthart.com/feuilleton/2007/04/01/behold-the-naked-man/

Educated pundits/janabs/ hit JStor: http://www.jstor.org/pss/2543577
=======
Subirachs
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FfAx0egUbXQ/RbOsQEwfUcI/AAAAAAAAAks/8oxBs7FxDd8/s1600-h/P1010244.jpg
<http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FfAx0egUbXQ/RbOsQEwfUcI/AAAAAAAAAks/8oxBs7FxDd8/s1600-h/P1010244.jpg>Subirachs
at Sagrada Familia: http://karlfm-sf-newproject.blogspot.com/
=======
Cavallaro
Sweet Jesus (made of chocolate, which btw as preferred by the many, is
sweet)
http://www.cosimocavallaro.com/html/chocolate_page.html

and the cancelled exhibit:

and more:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/artblog/2007/apr/11/ischristsnudityindecentexp
http://www.dnamagazine.com.au/articles/news.asp?news_id=2733&c=291827

 There is more heavy stuff, that others can get into.
+++++++++++++++++++++++
No Abhinaya for You
Soon: I personally cannot imagine any representation of Indian deities in
contemporary art (other than for straight religious consumption or calendar
art) by Indian artists; thereby effectively softening their energies and
reach. Soon it will be the time of the dancers: Time to lock down those
hips, and what about the Tribhanga posture (like, no Abhinaya for you). The
musicians may be around far longer, since sound seems to resonate well with
some of the most hardened individuals. Furthermore, I have met Christian
women who talk with such bliss and verve about their idea of Krishna; guess
that too will be shut in deeper--basically absorbed deeper inside. Enough
said.

Ontar Konkani Nachoi
Btw, these arguments must always+ALWAYS be conducted in Konkani. Wake up
people. WAKE UP. Even if one is going down under a sword----talk in Konkani,
die in KONKANI. I hope this point is well comprehended and well taken by the
elites (and the newer, kator re bhaji crowd, still the old To Konna'lo. Read
Lucio Rodrigue ), and those whose professional intercessions necessitate
automatic usage of English.

++++++++++++
venantius j pinto

From: "floriano" <floriano.l...@gmail.com>
> Subject: [Goanet] Xavier Research Institute ,   Porvorim  on Dr. Jose
>        Pereira's Art Exhibition - A full report
>
> The following news report appeared on Herald - July 28, 2010
>
> 3 paintings of naked deities kick up row
> Herald Reporter, Panjim- July 27
>
> Three paintings showing two naked Hindu deities making merry with nude
> women
> were withdrawn from an exhibition at Xavier Research Institute at Porvorim.
> Hindu Janjagruti Samiti [HJS]  held a protest, which forced the institution
> to withdraw the paintings depicting naked Lord Krishna and Lard Shiva
> reveling with unclothed women.

* * *

UK STOCKS EXHAUSTED! After a community-supported launch at
Croydon, Selma Carvalho's *Into the Diaspora Wilderness* is
available at Broadways Book Centre, Panjim [Ph +91-9822488564]
Price (in Goa only) Rs 295. Ask a friend to pick up a copy.
Details of the book http://selmacarvalho.squarespace.com/

* * *