Arwin bab, I am truly perplexed with the situation that exists in Goa today.
When will Goans who are in Goa wake up and take charge of their own destiny?
We need to take up the cudgel and literally obliterate these corrupt
politicians who will even strip us of our Khashtis if they are allowed to
continue in the current manner unchecked. I am also distressed to learn that
many Goans are not turning up to vote. What can we do to motivate them? Do they
not see what is happening to them and their State which they are allowing to be
plundered and looted before their very own eyes? The Goans in Goa certainly can
see that Politicians are enriching themselves at the expense of the people and
Goa. Another thing that perplexes me is, isn't there any system of governance
in the whole state that allows for the audit and prosecution of people who are
acquiring immense wealth illegally for which they are not accounting and not
paying tax to the Government? These politicians and other civi
 l servants seem to be the GOA MAFIA and all fair minded Goans, who I am sure
are the majority, need to unanimously condemn and vote out of office if Goa is
to prosper. Influx of migrants from other stated must also be curtailed and if
possible, they should not have voting rights in Goa as they are not of Goan
origin and cannot trace their ancestry to Goa. Also, Laws must be passed making
elected officials to declare their assets on taking office (Substantiated) and
accounting for any increase in assets on relinquishing office just like in the
USA. This will allow for the accountability of those in office. Any
discrepancies must be investigated thoroughly and any unsubstantiated increases
forfeited to the state and the persons responsible should be prosecuted and
jailed if found liable. This should be the first order of any new government
elected forthwith. This will dissuade persons who have ulterior motives from
standing for elections. It should be an honor to be elected to
  the legislature that is why in the UK they are called honorable. Let us
therefore elect honorable members to the Legislature.

GOANS IN GOA, THIS IS MY CHALLENGE TO YOU. WAKE UP NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE
AND ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY OF ENSURING THAT YOU PROTECT YOUR HERITAGE AND ENSURE
THAT YOU ENJOY THE FRUITS OF THE LAND WHICH IS RIGHTFULLY YOURS AND BELONGS TO
ALL GOANS NOT TO THE CORRUPT FEW WHO ARE SELFISHLY EXPLOITING AND STEELING THE
RICHES OF THE LAND FOR THEIR OWN ENRICHMENT.

Regards and best wishes.

Manuel (Eddie) Tavares.

Goa-launch of the well-received *Into The Diaspora
Wilderness* by Selma Carvalho on Aug 29, 2010 (Sunday) at 11
am at Ravindra Bhavan, Margao. Meet the author, buy a signed
copy (only Rs 295 in Goa till stock lasts).
http://selmacarvalho.squarespace.com/