Last week I learnt that the Goans in the Uk were housekeepers. This week, I am
learning that the American Thanksgiving is celebrated in Goa as the Ladin.

Writes Gayatri Sankar "Indian’s lifestyle and culture have had a great
influence
from the West and Thanksgiving Day is one such custom which is quite popular.
The state of Goa, which has a thick population of Christians, celebrates the
festival with great pomp and show. The Goans have named the day as ‘Ladin’ or
‘Ladainha’. ‘Ladin’ means a litany to the Virgin Mary. "

http://spicezee.zeenews.com/articles/story76094.htm

Am I crazy or is this just plain wrong?

Best,
Selma