Goanetters annual year-end meet is on Dec 27, 2010 (Monday) from 4-6 pm at
Institute Piedade (near Hotel Mandovi, opp Bread & More) in Panjim. Do come
along. RSVP via SMS 9822122436, f...@goa-india.org or 2409490 (after 2 pm).

Dear all,

I would subscribe to Mr. Benedict Lobo's contention that "it has become a trend to oppose anything and everything these days, so that the real issues affecting Goa are conveniently sidelined."

In the case of the Festival being held in Goa on Candolim Beach, it's not the Fault of the organisers for holding such a Fest, but it's the old " Supply and Demand " ethos that is the driving force behind such Festivals be it Glastonbury, Woodstock, Leeds or wherever Music is appreciated for what it's worth !!.

So One should not deny OUR Goan Music Lovers for this yearly Festive Season
experience in Goa or as Mr Benedict Lobo so rightly puts it as "This Cock and Bull story about drugs being sold at the Festival makes me laugh. Come on people , we have spent half our lives living on the Calangute-Candolim coastline.Drugs are sold everywhere in Goa and in the least of places you will expect.The 'drug dealer' is not foolish to sell dope at a public venue like the festival where he is being watched.

For too long , we Goans have been Whistling in the Wind about the decline of Morality, Civility and Decency of Standards in in Goa due to tthe prevailing conditions and most undemocratic forms of Governance in Goa,

For once in our lifetime, Ixttoghots or as in English, friends, what is needed to change our thinking is not the drip, drip of ways of opposing anything and everything to stop this ROT and downward slide of Goa going to the stray DOGS, of which there are plenty in Goa, but as Gandhi once said, we Must be the Change and to Change the things in Goa with a Zeal that the Great St Francis Xavier Left us.

We should not do this by merely evangelising the Masses, but we should look into OUR own Hearts by making or bringing about an AWARENESS and complete RE-EDUCATION of our Peoples to Know Right from Wrong and to Elect in true Goan Faith those Politician who have the Integrity rather than Just Muscle Power or clad as WOLVES in Sheep's Clothing !!

Only, if we do this then, will our road of HOPE in ourselves be restored to the Promised Land of Milk and Honey we have been yearning for so long, 50 yearsafter invasion be opened up for our TRUE Aspirations to See the Golden side of once Peaceful anni Amchem Goem, Viva Goa, Viva !!.
Regards,
Joe Rebello