This fascinating article was sent to me-author unknown.If some Goanetter knows who is the author,please let us know.
Rgds
Vasant Baliga

The Charms of Goan Dhobitalao

In a certain generation not too long ago, if you said Dhobitalao, you meant Little Goa. In Toronto where I live, there is little Italy, little Greece, little Portugal, little India and even outside of Toronto, an entire suburb known tongue-in-cheek to the Indian community as Khalistan. The latter is a Punjab away from home in the municipality records as Brampton. Brampton used to be a farming area populated with a white-as-snow local population, and with a quaint little Main Street that reminds you of small town-Canada, until the Punjabis moved in. Now it is a place which abounds in Punjabi samosas, sarson-ka-saag and para-legals who 'help' you with settling personal injury car accident claims.