Eugene Correia wrote:

As a columnist, Fred and those like him, can kickstart a debate on Goa's
current status and how postcolonial Goa can march forward. An international
conference is scheduled in December to take stock of the situation. All said
and done, mere talking at academic conferences will not be enough. There are
criticisms and bickerings by both political adversaries and advocacy-based
groups over  the government’s regional plan and other initiatives. Critics
and political leaders, besides so-called "intellectuals", can put forward
their alternate plans for Goa's development. Yes, there's no such thing as a
"free meal" and neither there's such thing as a "walkover" in a democracy.

RESPONSE:
Hopefully by December, Eugene will be fully recovered from whatever is
currently plaguing him. We can then look forward to having first-hand coverage
of the Conference planned in Goa, although Eugene's coverage of
conferences/conventions he has not attended is just as detailed and
entertaining.

I hope Digamber Kamat's office is ready for the deluge of enquiries that
will flood from the mighty pen of Eugene Correia and heaven help them all in
Goa, if perchance they happen to make a grammatical error.

Best,
Selma
  • ... Eugene Correia
    • ... Frederick FN Noronha फ्रेडरिक नोरोन्या *فريدريك نورونيا
    • ... Carvalho
      • ... Carvalho
        • ... lyrawmn
          • ... Frederick FN Noronha फ्रेडरिक नोरोन्या *فريدريك نورونيا
    • ... Carvalho
      • ... Gabe Menezes
      • ... Carvalho
        • ... J. Colaco < jc>