Ms I. Nunes wrote:
Does the fact that the Goan author, Antonio Gomes, is a cardiologist make his
literary suggestions valid, credible and true, and hence more acceptable?
While I understand your noble intent - waving the flag for Goan achievers who
all do Goa proud - omission of the author's specialty would have better served
your purpose.

------------------------

RESPONSE:
I'm sure Ms I. Nunes is a literary critic of great merit here in England,
although I've not heard of her. Perhaps like her hero Mark Twain, she writes
under an psuedonym. I shall keep a look-out for her distinctive style in the
Guardian or the Times.

However, Frederick being a journalist who studied in Sweden, he has been
trained to give as much information of the person, he is introducing into the
piece. So he always provides information either by way of profession or the
place they live in. And so he meant nothing more nor less when he introduced Dr
Antonio Gomes in such a manner.

Best,
Selma
  • ... Eugene Correia
    • ... Frederick FN Noronha फ्रेडरिक नोरोन्या *فريدريك نورونيا
    • ... Carvalho
      • ... Carvalho
        • ... lyrawmn
          • ... Frederick FN Noronha फ्रेडरिक नोरोन्या *فريدريك نورونيا
    • ... Carvalho
      • ... Gabe Menezes
      • ... Carvalho
        • ... J. Colaco < jc>
        • ... lyrawmn
        • ... Carvalho
          • ... Frederick FN Noronha फ्रेडरिक नोरोन्या *فريدريك نورونيا