Cc: <goa...@goanet.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2011 7:43 AM
Subject: Re: [Goanet] CLEARING THE POLITICAL GARBAGE

Looks like just a case of ageism to me (on Aires' part, while the good
doctor seems guilty of provocatively overdiagnosing here).

It might seem tough to legally disallow "more than one in a family" from
contesting. But what with the reality of politicians here bringing in their
brothers, sons, daughters, cats, dogs and mice into politics? Can
understand the (A)ire(s) here, but we need better legal advice on what a
potential solution might be.

Saying the voters should be more sagacious (or is it cautious?) in the
choices they make is fine, but what happens when there is such a limited
choice? Where Opposition can be as bad as ruling, and worse when it comes
to power? And the ruling members only to happy to shift to Opposition and
back, when there's a chance to get into power?  FN