Glad to hear that Avocados grow in Goa.  I guess it depends on the soil and the
location as well as how the saplings are planted, fertilization etc..
My own experience trying to grow a pair of Avocado saplings was dismal.  I
purchased two saplings from a nursery in Porvorim and planted them on my hill
property in Socorro, where it would get sun and water.  Both saplings grew to
about 6 feet and then died.  In my quest to grow every kind of fruit tree that
can grow in Goa, I would like to try again, after getting advice  from those
who have been successful.