I suppose Roland meant the period when people wished each other "Good morning"
or "Bom Dia" or "Bab/Bai boro/bori asa?", said "Please" or "por favor", "Thank
you", "obrigado" or "Deu borem korun", had polite conversation over a cup of
tea and bhojjes, with not a nasty word in sight (except maybe among the some
inebriated souls).  Nobody knows when it commenced, but the end probably came
about in the early seventies, when distrust in the fellow human being took
roots.
;-)

>Sent: Monday, 12 November 2012 6:26 AM
>Subject: Re: [Goanet] Gonzaga Coutinho - Rajan and Prema
>
>Is there something as a "gentler Goan era"? If so, when did that commence,
>and when did it end?

  • ... Roland Francis
    • ... Frederick FN Noronha फ्रेड्रिक नोरोन्या *فريدريك نورونيا
      • ... Gabriel de Figueiredo
      • ... Roland Francis
        • ... Frederick FN Noronha फ्रेड्रिक नोरोन्या *فريدريك نورونيا
          • ... Jose Colaco
            • ... Jose Colaco
          • ... Gabriel de Figueiredo
    • ... Tony de Sa