On Jul 25, 2013, at 10:31 PM, Mervyn Lobo <mervynal...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

"It takes a mature person to write about debasement. Continual debasement. Some
see and write about it, others do and can not."

Comment:

I agree, Mervyn.

However, there are some important facets of life namely: family, children's
education, safety from the marauding thugs and the general peace of mind. We
who might be sitting in armchairs, might wish to keep that in mind.

It does become difficult for those living in situ to write about it. This whole
tale titled 'Librashun' is a fairy tale. Dr. Antonio Salazar was a Sai baba
from Shirdi compared to some of the Alibabas who have been Librashunating Goa
over the past 5 decades.

What is definitely hypocritical, however, is FN's "frightening" comment in
response to George Pinto's post, AND our 'convenient' focus on pre-1961
'research' which is tunnel visioned in its approach. All bad is related to
Portugal. All good to India which only came into effect as an entity in 1947.
All bad is related to the Catholics, All good to the Hindus. Never mind the
revisionists, but what about the Buddhists? What happened to them and where are
their temples?

BTW:  Vasco da Gama 500 brought out all kinds of interesting folks from the
woodwork. Where have they while Goa is being (let's say) concretized and
Paanified?

And where is Sorrowing Lies My Land - the epilogue?

jc