<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-bPOQJTHF8Js/V2gEJqUg5jI/AAAAAAAAACI/lg6cWG0cJqo0tFl4wsuDYF2w4kycTbRPACLcB/s1600/blank.png>

I am attempting to generate a random starfield, in go. This is something
that will need to printed on actual paper, but that is another issue and I
only mention it to give some context for what I am doing here: Using go to
create graphics to pair with something I'm already doing in go (I've been
through several iterations of trying to use the go parts I have with
numerous variations of tex/latex templates using asymptote, and I reached a
point of frustration where I figured why not just do it all in go, as it
seems less a problem than I originally thought -- but opens a new set of
problems to solve, one of the biggest is that I know nothing at all about
graphics, let alone how to apply graphics in go).

Cosmic1 from:
https://gist.github.com/thrisp/1ed1785ac6a902585595fb8cb52f0a16, generates
the above it is the first thing that even roughly approximates what I want
to do.

Any thoughts, or help cleaning that up. Maybe tell me why exactly I can't
directly translate an opengl shader to something cpu bound(which I suspect
is a thing, I may need to do more that I can't see right now).