On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 9:18 PM,  <jcjoshuach...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Nothing is stopping them, but people aren't going to go to the distribution
> docs for the Go standard library - they're going to go to the official docs.

It  is not sustainable for us to provide distro-specific docs for
changes made by distros.  They need to provide their own docs.  That
is unfortunate but I don't see any other workable approach.

A better strategy here would be for them to come to us and ask us to
make the change and explain why it is appropriate.  The links you
provided do not explain it.

Ian