Ø  The grouping of digits in big numbers is not universal. Several different
systems are in use globally.

This is unfortunate, but I don’t see it as a show-stopper.  1000000 and
1_000_000 and 100_0000 would all be legal and result in the same value.
Although I personally prefer groups of 3, I’d still consider groups of 4 to be
more readable than no grouping at all.

Besides, this is hardly the only locale issue.  I would think that being forced
to use “.” instead of “,” (rather than the reverse) to separate the fractional
part of a number is much more unsettling to some.

I believe that the advantages of allowing “_” grouping exceed the disadvantages.

John

    John Souvestre - New Orleans LA