Hi, I'm looking for some help from developers who write Go packages. My
research group is interested in the different choices new package managers
and repositories are making when designing their ecosystems. Platforms like
Node.js/NPM, Google's go, and Rust/Cargo are making somewhat different
design choices from each other, and they are very different from older
packaging systems like CPAN. We'd like to know what the impact of those
design choices are on how developers deal with breaking changes among
packages when they depend on each other. The go ecosystem is particularly
interesting in the way it handles versioning, and we're curious to know how
people use it in practice.

Could I ask people to take ~20 minutes of your time and fill out our survey
at http://breakingapis.org/survey? I'll report back to the go community
when we've analyzed the results (or there's a sign up link to be notified
when results are out at http://breakingapis.org).

(If you don't develop Go packages, but have experience with Node.js/NPM,
PyPI, Hackage, or something else, we're still interested -- just make a
different "software ecosystem" choice on the first page. The study is a
comparison among ecosystems; Go is one point of comparison).