I don't think the "I don't want this format in because I don't want to see
more of this format" doesn't work. People are going to keep using it, YAML
isn't a format that is going anywhere and I would love to know what you
would suggest most people switch to as an alternative (don't say TOML or
JSON).

Clarifying my point on the community - I think the expectation that we as
the community most continue to have gustavo/others maintain this specific
project or fork it when they become tired of maintaining it (which happens)
is unfair. If the community likes the way this package is implemented we
should have it be officially supported.