> On 10 Nov 2016, at 16:44, Ian Davis <m...@iandavis.com> wrote:
>
> You can't in the general case. You cover the interfaces that you currently
> know about but you don't know what other interfaces people are relying on.
> Sipporting those becomes a combinatorial problem of whack-a-mole.

I think Go 1.7 allows for the general case to be solved using reflect.StructOf.

But I haven’t tried it yet, because I can’t use 1.7 until my new MBP arrives
next week :(.

In the meantime, supporting 16 / N cases still seems better than supporting 2 /
N cases. And to my knowledge there exists no alternative to httpsnoop right now
that isn’t tied to a particular logging/metrics library.

Cheers
Felix

[1] https://github.com/golang/go/issues/16726
<https://github.com/golang/go/issues/16726>