Hi!

I tried to come up with a way to write plugins in go for a C host
application using -buildmode=c-shared.

My first try failed, because

go build -buildmode=c-shared

insisted to resolve all symbols. I thought I could leave some symbols
unresolved, so they can be later
resolved, when the shared library is opened by the host application with
dlopen.

I tweaked the commands in the output of

go build -buildmode=c-shared

a bit and now it works.

But I am unsure wether I am headed for a train wreck later. I assume the
behavior of go build -buildmode=c-shared
was selected with great care.

I have a complete example at

https://github.com/erwo42/golang-dlopen-plugin

I don't know, how to make such an example work with the playground, so
please go out of your way and look
at the repo.

If you see problems with this, please let me know.

Yours sincerely,

Eric Wolf